
Maren and I went back to Utah last week to visit. Andy had to stay and work, so we went alone. We sure missed him, but had a great time seeing family and friends. I was talking with a friend, and she and I agreed that when we take our kids on vacation to see family, they progress a lot faster that week than any others! The above trick is what Maren does when you ask, "How old are you, Maren?" :)

Here's my sister's kids, Romy and Ivy at the park. They are REALLY cute with Maren. I miss living close to Carrie!

My mom just retired from being a special-ed. kindergarten teacher, and she has a lot of fun songs and toys! Here's Sherry and Carson and Maren watching Grandma sing along to a stuffed animal song...Maren LOVES music(and Grandma).

We made it down to Utah Valley and saw some more family at my nephew's soccer game. I guess us being there was motivation enough for Mason to score 2 goals! It was fun to be there.

We got together with Andy's parents at Sugarhouse park. Pretty much any get together at the park will ensure happiness for Maren. She really took to Mark and Barbara for the short time we were there!!

Maren has started standing up in the middle of the floor, and laughing at the same time. It's really a sight to look at, and sooo funny!!

Here's my dad pushing Maren along in the scooter. It's just an awesome feeling to see your parents interacting with you child!

Another park day at my parent's neighbor's park. It was so fun to see family, and to relax this trip.

My mom is so fun to be with. We talked about everything from Politics, to Allergies, to 'Calling and election made sure' ( lol, Who even knows.....) I had a blast. It's nice to not be the 'mommy' for a minute, and to realize that I'll always need my mom.
Sister Beck, in one of her recent conference addresses said after she found out her parents were moving away,
“Who will be my mother?” Mother thought carefully, and with the Spirit and power of revelation which comes to women of this kind, she said to me, “If I never come back, if you never see me again, if I’m never able to teach you another thing, you tie yourself to Relief Society. Relief Society will be your mother."
Andy and I have felt like our ward is becoming more like our family, and that there are a lot of 'moms' and 'dads' and 'brother's' and 'sisters' here for us to love. What a good feeling.
Have a great week!
3 comments:
I forgot about the Julie Beck comment I loved it when I heard it. I enjoyed reading about your trip back. Maren is cute and growing up fast.
I loved every minute of our short time together! Hopefully my girls didn't scare Maren too much- I'm so glad she let me hold her... even if she wanted the Nutri Grain bar on the counter.
Cute pictures! We should have taken one with all of our friends when we got together. Thanks again for planning that and for the yummy food! It was so fun to finally see you and Maren! Glad you made it home safe!
Post a Comment