We just said goodbye to the Halls yesterday morning. It's been fun having them visit. Sometimes it feels like we're visiting them b\c they always help out, wash dishes(I didn't wash one dish all weekend, did I?), and entertain us with stories! We love it, Maren included.

For Mark's birthday(the 10th) we went to a Chivas game. This was the halftime show. If it lets you, enlarge this picture and look at the 3 little girls in the middle. They were so cute, and the one on the left really got in there for only being about 2 feet tall!!

Chivas ended up winning 2-0. I love the disputations with the ref every time there is a call. (As if he's going to go back on his call b\c the player is unhappy) :)

Maren will go to anyone now as long as they have legs to get her around to where she points to. She loves Pa though! As soon as you pick her up, she's pointing and has an agenda-really cute!

Earlier in the day, I had a soccer game, and here's Maren being happy to stand on her own. We lost, by the way, 4-2. The other team got lucky... jk, hehe.

Newport Beach\Balboa Island.

We rode the Balboa Island ferry over to the island and ate frozen bananas, rode a merry-go-round, and walked on the beach.

We also visited the Newport Temple. Mark and Barb had never seen it. It really is beautiful. We had heard, (and talking with some members there confirmed it), that it was built strictly with member contributions from that area! How cool is that?!


Grandma and Maren

This last picture has nothing to do with the Hall's visit, but it is raining here! We can't remember the last time it rained. So today we were out running with the destination being: the park. As we were winding up our park time, it started raining. So I asked a park worker there if I could have a (clean) garbage bag, and I ripped holes in it for arms and a head, then gave Maren my sweatshirt. (I learned that little trick from fishing in the Uintas with my dad:) So we ran home and I promised myself not to look any drivers in the eye that drove by, so that if I saw someone I knew, they would possibly think it wasn't me! lol, We're weirdos, I know.
Anyways, thanks to the Halls for coming down, it was so much fun!
2 comments:
Oh course you can steal the picture! And I love your post. Maren is darling, and I bet it was wonderful to see family. I'm trying to learn from your example of being a stay at home mom for when I get there someday.
I love the poncho. Only you would ask a park worker for a garbage bag... and then wear it. Looks like you had a fabulous time with Mark and Barbara. I wanna come!
Post a Comment