Sunday, October 10, 2010

Learning...

I've learned a lot about the guy in this picture lately. Sometimes experiences in life can teach you a lot about your spouse. Here are a few things I've learned about Andy lately that I'll share to help you get to know a little bit more what it's like being his wifey:

-He will never 'add gas' when the stoplight turns yellow. He ALWAYS slows down! I know this is the rule, but my mind is just not trained like that! He is such an honest person that it would bother him if he were to speed through a light if he could have stopped.
-On this same topic, if we are ever in front of a policeman, he get a little nervous and will not relax until he passes us. Even if he knows he is doing nothing wrong, he still wonders if he might mess up give the cop a reason to pull us over. It's pretty cute.
-He only really likes perfectly fresh fruit. He picked this up from serving a mission in Chile where their fruits are incredible. He eats supermarket fruit just to make me happy.
-Sometimes I think Maren has broken legs when we're at church because he's always holding her. He is such a softie, that Maren knows not to ask me to pick her up when it's hectic after church, so she'll ask him and he'll do it. Even if he's got his bookbag thingy that holds his LARGE scriptures, he'll do it because she asked nicely. Many other things around the house like this happen too, he just makes her give him a huge hug and a kiss and he'll do just about anything for her...(same goes for me, wink, wink!)
-He never wants to be 'last' in something. Right now his work is doing a competition to see who can get across the country in steps-per-day fashion. Because he will not let himself be the one to hold his team back, a lot of times he ends up doing P90X at 10:30 at night to get his steps in for the day! What?!
-I've learned recently that he really believes in the saying,"A happy wife is a happy life." !! He sits on the sidelines every Saturday playing with the girls while I play in my games because he knows it makes me happy. He also lets me earn incentives if I score and stuff, which is really awesome! ha!
-Really the most important thing he's taught me lately is that sacrifice brings forth Heaven's blessings in a relationship, and I hope to be more like Andy Hall some day.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Love this! Love both of you! Missing you! Hugs from cousin jenny

Mylissa 2 said...

You sure picked a winner! I knew the first time you brought him home!!! Can't wait to see you and the girls.

Andrea said...

He really is a great guy! Don't you love having one??

Ndrhsrfamily said...

I loved reading all those great things about Andy! You're a lucky gal! And are your "incentives" for scoring a goal still a shake???