Today is a great day. Here's an update on our current lives. (Nothing overly exciting-like no announcements or anything of that sort, just an update on us "individuals"Brian Regan)).

So there's these two cuties who are starting to really play together. While I was in the bathroom this morning, Maren was trying to teach Lauren about pretending. She was inviting her to her house(bedroom) for a birthday party(play with toys). She was trying to get her to follow her to her room, but Lauren wasn't sure what she was supposed to do, so she stayed put. Maren has made it past her cold, and is generally happy! She received Skittles from Nursery today and everything was rosey from there on out. Now Lauren, is just a big smiler. We sit in the front at church so that she can turn around and see all the other faces of people behind us. She LOVES to make eye contact with people. A lot of fun....
What's on dock for this week? Mommy and me class and a few park outings. I have fallen in love with the park since I became a mother...it's free, always open, and a fun learning atmosphere, where I don't have to worry if they make a mess:)
So there's these two cuties who are starting to really play together. While I was in the bathroom this morning, Maren was trying to teach Lauren about pretending. She was inviting her to her house(bedroom) for a birthday party(play with toys). She was trying to get her to follow her to her room, but Lauren wasn't sure what she was supposed to do, so she stayed put. Maren has made it past her cold, and is generally happy! She received Skittles from Nursery today and everything was rosey from there on out. Now Lauren, is just a big smiler. We sit in the front at church so that she can turn around and see all the other faces of people behind us. She LOVES to make eye contact with people. A lot of fun....
What's on dock for this week? Mommy and me class and a few park outings. I have fallen in love with the park since I became a mother...it's free, always open, and a fun learning atmosphere, where I don't have to worry if they make a mess:)
Then there's Andy. Here he is with his twin Jake...did you all know he was a twin?? Even though Jake is 4 years older, they're still twins:) This was last Sunday when Jake and Nat were visiting for their annual business trip. Things at work have really become busy, and so at nighttime we find ourselves trying to find something fun to do that doesn't require much energy. He is taking care of our winter garden, and watches for the day when our beets might actually grow.
Here they are being brothers. Look at Andy's finger in his forehead, that's funny.
And then there's me. "Me" consists of this little one, and the bigger one in the background, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Being a stay at home mom of 2 is quite a challenge sometimes-mainly mentally and emotionally. But as I look past the dips and valleys and potholes of our lives, I have so much fun and joy in my roles. I'm looking forward to the Palos Verdes half marathon in May. Part of me wants to push my girls in a jogger while I run it, so I can say they've run a race too...but don't worry I'm not that tough!
What's on dock for this week? The dentist. I'm sure I have about 3 root canals to be done, and probably 4-5 cavities to be filled...Can I blame it on having kids? Nope, let's be honest, it's the candy I like to buy and the cookies I like to eat.
Have a mighty good week everyone!

2 comments:
Oh Nicole Blogging is so nice! I love to keep up with every one and see your beautiful family! Thanks for the update! I wish I had time to comment on every ones blogs every time they post, alas I don't have time for that! Just know that we love and miss ya'll.
Good luck on the half marathon!! I don't think I'll ever do one again. :) Though right now I'm not much of an excerciser at all. Your girls are so cute. I'm jealous you have warm enough weather to take them out to play...
Post a Comment