Thursday, January 10, 2013






Lately, here's what I ride in while grocery shopping.  It is awesome, and a lifesaver:)  Lauren usually ends up sitting on my lap, and we scoot around while Maren walks beside.  We are a sight.  Each time I walk into the store, I wonder if anyone I know is in there, and if I could dodge them fast enough so they won't see me and wonder what the heck I'm doing.  It's not that I can't walk, because I can, and do for exercise each day.  It's that I can't STAND in one place for more than a few seconds.  So judge me.  Or don't, because it's more fun to laugh at me.  The funniest looks are from women age 60 or older who are walking(not riding) and look down at me and don't see that I'm pregnant, or don't see the vericose veins down my right leg, etc.  But thanks to these things, I can not only grocery shop, but unload the car when I get home!!! Wahoooo! Anyone else love these 8 months pregnant?

Maren asked me today after we had played with some beads, "Mommy, am I fun to be with?"  I said, "oh yeah, so much fun, you're my little pal."  Then she said, "is it because I'm a good helper?"  I interpreted this to mean, 'do you like me around just because I help out?'  So I told her, "I love it when you help, but you're so much fun to just play with as well."   I hope she never gets burned out from being the oldest.  A lot is expected of the oldest I'm learning!  Because she can do so much to help Andy and I and Lauren, it's a huge relief for me.  I guess she'll be fine as long as she notices the many privileges of being the oldest too?  Living and learning.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

6 weeks to go for me...but who's counting?! I feel like time definitely seems to go slower the closer it gets! :)

Heather said...

Hey Nicole, could you do me a favor and email me your current address? I evidently don't have a current email for Andy, so I couldn't get it to send our Christmas card...and now I'm sending baby announcements, so I thought I'd try this and see if you get the message! :)
My email is heatheripson@hotmail.com :)