Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Life lately






 
Life has been great lately.  We've had a few hot days that get me excited for summer.  We caught a wooley bear caterpillar.  No cocoon yet, but we're hoping!  

Waiting for Daddy to get home.  This is a blessed time of day:)  With only a few minutes left as a single parent, I look forward to it every day.  I'm not out numbered at nighttime!

My adjustment from 1 child to 2 was really hard-now that I look back.  It was surprising how much Maren still needed me, and how much a new baby needs too.  But going from 2 to 3 children, has been WAY better for some reason.  I think it's because Lauren has Maren for a playmate, and they can help eachother while I help Brookie.  I've said it a million times, but this time around with a new baby has been a blast. 

But then there's the time when we're all at Costco, and Brooklynn wants to get out of the carseat...so there's me holding her, bouncing, while Lauren is in the cart, and Maren walking beside....then we all want samples....then turning the corners while pushing the Costco cart...huge cart.  Yeah, and then I'm like, "why do I go to the store with all 3!?" lol

We celebrated Lauren this month.  She's 3 now, and although she got sick on her birthday, we were able to make a fun day out of it.

Wreath I made from the Eucalyptus tree leaves in our backyard.

I'll just keep inserting these chubby cheek pics to get you to smile:)

Our neighbor has been a jewel to our family.  She and her husband don't have grandkids yet, but she's going to make a great Grandma.  She brought this over for Lauren.

Happy Memorial day!  We went up to Big Bear Lake and played around.  It reminded us of Utah.  Maren kept saying it smelled like Utah too.

Fresh air, fresh breeze.  I love getting out of the normal groove, and seeing new things.

Talk about stiff-neckedness.  Heehe!

5 comments:

Auntie Em said...

I love that you post pictures so I get to see what you guys are up to. The girls are growing up so much! Brooklynn is at an age where she's constantly changing and growing. What a cutie. Oh, and I hate to break it to you, but you are outnumbered now - even at night!

Marybeth said...

Nicole, your girls are growing way too fast. They are adorable and I love Brooklynn's cheeks. Great looking wreath!!!

Chelsi said...

Cannot believe how grown up your girls are! And little Brooklynn is absolutely adorable! I just love those chubby cheeks and big smiles!

Nicole and Andy said...

Ha! Marianne, I forgot how to count. I guess at nighttime, I'm not AS outnumbered:) HELP!!

Andrea said...

Nicole!
It is so good to see pictures of you guys! I love to see Brooklynn and the girls with their long hair :) Leah still asks about Maren. I will have to show Leah the pictures.