Happy Mother's day to all who are mothers, who act as mothers, Grandma's and any one who will be a mommy! I feel like we've celebrated this holiday all weekend long. Andy had Friday off, and we spent many hours this weekend doing what we've wanted\needed to do around the house for a long time. It felt so great to weed some flower beds, plant, clean out a bedroom, and have time to just enjoy each other. My thoughts are really random sometimes, but lately have been focused on my little family of 3 and 9\10ths. We have about 3 weeks left until baby girl comes, and I've had a recent improvement in the way I feel, so it's been wonderful to have energy and capability to accomplish a little more! We continue to think we're going to welcome her early, but also keep telling ourselves we have AT LEAST 3 more weeks.....so who knows?!
Maren talks a lot about 'baby sister'. I can tell she's wondering when\how this is all going to play out. It's interesting being away from any family members this pregnancy. It's one thing to call a sister or mom to come in the middle of the night to stay w\ Maren bc I'm in labor, but I think twice about who to call or what the plan will be as we call upon ward members\friends. What would we do w\o the church or close friends??
This mother's day was the best for me. Andy didn't have any meetings, so he cooked us pancakes and helped us get ready for church...it was heaven! Then we enjoyed a peaceful afternoon, and dinner with friends. The friend who invited us to dinner is married, but in unable to have children herself-what a sweetheart she is.
Lastly, many of you have links to the 'Nie Nie' website on your blogs, and I've never really known what it was, or what her story is. But this new Mormon Message is just amazing about them....enjoy!
This helps me remember what's really important.
2 comments:
I know this story really humbles me. I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful mothers day. I did too- nice when the hubby cooks breakfast! So wow, 3 weeks, that is so exciting you are almost there!
I really enjoyed that movie, it really puts things into perspective! I really wish I could be there and have you call in the middle of the night to come be with Mauren. I miss you guys tons. So excited for you and little one to come!!!!!
Post a Comment