We were driving to preschool this week when Maren asked, "Mommy, does Santa like me?" What the?! I most assuredly responded, "oh yes, of course! He likes everyone." It was really cute. But to be honest, it's odd decribing someone who doesn't exist to a 3 year old. She asks specifics about him too, which is hard. I usually end up dogding the question and talking about the true meaning of the season, etc, which I'm sure leaves her more confused than before. Same goes with the Elf of the Shelf. This morning Andy was moving the elf to a new location when Maren saw him....ooooops!! She immediately said, "Is it not going to come true now?" So you can't win I guess:)
We really are getting excited for Christmas though! Maren has enjoyed 'earning' things lately. The above pic is of her picking up all the magnolia tree pinecones-with the headlamp- at nighttime. What did she earn? A cool sucker I brought home one night:)Lauren has been practicing sitting on her toilet. She is also always holding a baby. I guess this time baby got a turn....but it looks like baby got sick or something....lol!
In all the present excitement, Maren wanted to make the family a present, wrap it, and put it under the tree. What a sweetie, I'm sure it's going to be great!
Lastly, Maren has been noticing all the blow-up manger scenes and decorations in people's yards, and wanted on of her own. She had this idea to color one, and stick it in the grass;-)
Merry Christmas, and remember, Santa likes you!

No comments:
Post a Comment