Sunday, January 1, 2012

I am Found

Happy New Year! We hope your festivities or anti-excitement, or whatever you chose, was good. We stayed up watching a movie and when it was over, realized we had made it until midnight! (This hasn't happened in a few years.) The fireworks were loud and exciting, and Maren awoke. I peeked at her and she was using socks (clean) that I had given her to cover her ears if she heard fireworks:) It was really cute! She then told me, "Mommy, the socks aren't working." I smiled and we made other plans for her to go back to sleep.


We have really had a perfect weekend. Other than Lauren making her presence known in some negative ways, things have been peaceful! Here's Maren and I a park in our town that we don't frequent much, but one we love!

Andy looks like a child to me in this picture. When I look at this, I pretend he is 3 like Maren, and she's telling him how boys and girls are different, and that her pretend friend 'Lolly' has a brother.

Books, Books, Books. Sometimes we need a break from these 'toys'. The girls are always wanting to read some sort of princess book that we have. I really LOVE that they like books so much! But I guess it's reading the same book for the 5th time that day that gets to me:) I'm sure other parents understand...;) It's especially funny to hear Andy reading about a princess.

We biked to the park, and the weather couldn't have been better. A boy around 12 years old came riding up to us on an electric scooter while we were there. From his appearance(and scooter), we assumed he was disabled in some way. After talking for a few moments, he parked his scooter, and stood up and proceeded to play and jump! We all laughed that he in fact had no need of the scooter, but uses it for fun.


Here's Lauren's cute shag hair. She won't keep any elastic or bow in right now, so this is how we roll right now!

From the park, we gathered these enormous pinecones, and I used them to decorate! I was happy!




Our friends gave us their VitaMix mixer this weekend. I hadn't heard of these before, but am quickly falling in love with it! We made our own peanut butter, which is delicious. Andy make a banana smoothie this AM and it was really good as well!


After looking at Joann's crafts for some decorating ideas, I decided to use supplies we already had. These laterns were really fun to make!

In other news, Maren went to primary today for the 1st time! Since she's the only sunbeam in her class, she had to go straight to the next CTR class. She was really excited about this, and drew pictures for her new teacher and her friend Leah who is in her class! She mentioned she'd rather not sit by the boys, that she only liked girls. This comment has been made many times lately, until I see what she does around 'those boys'...which is giggles and smiles and says to them, "you're so silly". Yeah, we're in trouble.

Andy got up early today even though he didn't have meetings- to cook me breakfast. I requested Big Thins. These were a tradition in my family growing up. They're simply thick crepes! Thanks handsome!!

Have a great week.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary the Mommy said...

Reading the updates on your blog have really made me miss you guys. Wish we could come over and hang out...