Friday, February 17, 2012

They bring me flowers

For about 2 months now, the girls have been picking flowers for me. It started at Maren's preschool, and then the director asked us nicely to stop doing that. From there, it has 'blossomed' to picking anything that is not in someone's yard:) I have found that I need a place to collect them, and have chosen the car door. It's becoming quite the stash. We'll be walking somewhere, and Lauren will say, 'Mommy! sha sha!' (meaning 'Mommy, flowers!') It makes me happy.


Here is Maren and I on the GR8 SK8 at Knott's. I can't wait until she can ride the big rides with me! We had my brother and his family here from Utah visiting us, and we had a great time with them. The lines were not this bad though!

Have you ever done this funny trick? Maren thinks it's hilarious. My sister and I have memories of doing this as kids. It's an upside down face.

We had a relaxing day today, enjoying a park near our house that has a mini-farm.

These two sillies are really starting to interact a lot. Lauren can understand most everything now, and Maren has figured out how to explain things in Lauren terms. It's really like they're discovering a new friend in each other. I NEVER thought this would happen, but it's happening. As other parents probably agree, it's super rewarding seeing your children interacting and being friends.


Funny turtle at the park.
Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Your girls are absolutely adorable!!!!