We just got back from visiting our family's in Utah. We had a great time! With multiple reasons for going, we had a lot to do in a short amount of time. We first visited Andy's family, and unfortunately I don't have pictures from that, and the below pics are from my Dad. Bummer, but we did have fun swimming in the hot tub and playing with the cousins as we ate pizza. Thank you Halls!

My side of the family all pitched in and rented a sweet cabin outside of Heber city for our vacation this year. My brothers loved it because there was wildlife around every corner.

My side of the family all pitched in and rented a sweet cabin outside of Heber city for our vacation this year. My brothers loved it because there was wildlife around every corner.

We celebrated Maren and Mckell's(cousin) birthdays while we were there. The older cousins humored us as we had a prince and princess party:) In the month leading up to her birthday, Maren started telling me things she would start doing when she turned 4....take swim lessons, chew bubble gum without swallowing, whistle, and knock on the next-door-neighbor's door to ask her to play. I would laugh inside as she would talk about these things, as if they were 5 years in the future. But true to her word, she has accomplished ALL except the last one:) I am glad DAILY that she is such a sweet child. She helps all the time, is obedient, and happy. Love you Mare.
There was a zipline at the cabin that provided much entertainment.

We even had a special visitor named Snow White come to their party(my beautiful sis). The girls were smiling from ear to ear.

We even had a special visitor named Snow White come to their party(my beautiful sis). The girls were smiling from ear to ear.

Growing up, 2 of my brothers would save and spend their hard earned money on these fun machines. I remember riding up above our house on the dirt trails and wondering if a neighbor had called a policeman yet to tell us to stop riding. But I really want my girls to not have fear around them, and they really had a great time.

We took a 4 mile roundtrip hike to Long Lake in the Uintahs. (Another of my growing up memeories). We had a large group, and all the kiddos made it-some with a little help from Sour Patch Kids. Fishing was excellent, and the fresh air even better for our LA city-lungs.
Myself and my good friend\vice-president from High school were in charge of our high school reunion while in Utah. Things went really well, and whew, we're glad that it's over, and even more glad that 4 willing souls have accepted to take a turn for our 20 year!
We have officially moved in to our new home\new area. Andy's parents flew out just to be here to help us move. Thanks to the Halls and ward members, we loaded, drove, and unloaded all in one day. The Halls just give and give, and are incredible workers! We are still unpacking, and trying to find our place in the community. Because of Utah, we have only been to our church 1 time, and I feel like a loner and floater during the daytime hours. Hopefully that will change as we get involved in our ward! How in the world do moms who are home during the day make it if they don't have a friend who's in their same stage? Bring on the playdates!
Have a great week. Go USA women's soccer team.

1 comment:
Tell Maren I learned to whistle the year I turned 5. I tried and tried from the time I was four until after my 5th birthday! it was hard to do! So, kudos to my little princess. My mom was very lonely living far away from family and church members for many years. I know it will get better for you as you get involved. I SO miss you guys already!
Love,
Marianne
Post a Comment