Saturday, March 2, 2013

Life lately...

Life lately is CRAZY!  We were sick last week, sicker than I've ever been in my 'adult' years.  Like sick enough to call my neighbor as say these words, "Angela?  It's Nicole.  (weep, weep) Can you hold the baby?"  Yeah, flu so bad I couldn't stand to even hold my baby-hurt too bad.  OK, no more sick talk...

The girls are LOVING their lil' sis.  They want to hold her when she's happy. They each have their own ways of helping.  Lauren kisses and hugs and talks to her in baby voice when she's crying.  Maren looks into her eyes and tries to get her to smile.  Brookie isn't smiling yet, but she sure is connecting to us through her eyes, which are turning blue.  Blue eyes, odds in our family wouldn't allow for anything else.  I'm happy with that! 

I'm running lately, and it feels good.  Living in this area, there's many routes and trails that need exploring, and I'm getting to do just that.  I love this time to run to think about the last 9 months, what I liked, how each of us grew, and to think about what the next 9 will hold.  One of those being Kindergarten for Maren. 

She enjoys school now.  It's taken her a while to get there.  This year, she never CRIED per-se when we dropped her off, but given the choice, she'd chose HOME hands down.  But that being said, she still enjoys it, her teacher, and little friends there also. 

I can smell spit up on my shirt right this second:)

Andy is doing well.  Work has picked up, and all is right with that world:)  Joking, but it's going well.  We're still always looking for the 'perfect' job fit, but content with where we are.  Every chance he gets, he's preparing the spot in our back yard for our garden.  As we look back on our gardens over the years, we laugh because more times than not, things don't grow, or get bugs attacking them, or whatever else happens to unsuccessful gardens...but we keep trying, hoping.  Snap peas seem to work every time, BAM!

Brooklynn is asleep in the stroller on our patio right now.  When she starts to wake up, her little noises sound like screeching tires, which makes me laugh and smile.

I work with the Laurel class at church.  They're really awesome, and love to be active, and it's fun to connect with them on that level.  We have a lacrosse player, some dancers, track runner, and a volleyball player.  They have confidence and desire to be good.  Still have difficult challenges, but they're good.  I'm excited to get back with them, I was checked out of February.

Those waking up noises I spoke about earlier-they're louder and calling my name:)  Have a great day and weekend.  For family coming to visit: bring your flip flops, it's 87  today!

2 comments:

Marybeth said...

Oh Nicole, I would have come over and held your baby. Glad you are better!

Auntie Em said...

So sorry you've been sick. Ditto Marybeth's comment. Love hearing about the girls.