Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CaliFOrnia

Ready for bed :)
We stopped in St. George at my Grandpa Iverson's.
Beth and Grandpa and Maren-it was a blast to see him hold her....he was soooo cute with her! He reminds me of how my father is with her.
Andy and Maren before we left Fruit Heights. She must be saying her prayers.
Here's Maren before we left-doesn't she look old!?
So I just finished my fruity pebble\cheerio mix, and thought I could blog a bit about our adventures. We made it safely-only through a miracle-to Whittier. We drove a 26 foot-long UHAUL with an auto-transport carrying our car. lol, we rode the truck lane up every hill, following a semi or two. Maren did wonderfully, but it did mix her up a little once we got here.
We stayed in Baker, CA on our way down, at Arne's Royal Hawiian...for those of you who know Baker, you're laughing with me as I type this.Arne's sign

We were really blessed-everything went well. We've visited the beach, and it's as magnificent as ever! Our ward is also wonderful. We had about 15 people come up to us to introduce themselves. Our bishop says it's a ward of 'newly-weds and almost-deads'. Hehehe

6 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

I am glad you guys made it up okay. Hope all goes well for you.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely. We visited grandpa last weekend & him & Beth were telling us how beautiful Maren is :) Love the pictures with him, you'll cherish those for years!!

horrocks_love said...

We are so glad that you made it!! Maren is such a cutie! I can't believe how big she is getting already. They get big so fast! Good luck with unpacking and everything. :)

Addie May said...

Nicole I am glad you made it safely and that you are enjoying it there so far. Did you guys buy a house? renting? You'll have to post some pics so we can see where you're living. I'm sad that you already moved so you can't come to Michelle's shower on Saturday. I'll take some pictures and post them on my blog so you can see. love ya!

Tony & Bergen said...

Weeze!! It's Bergs! Whats up?? So you made the big move to Cali huh! That is exciting. I'm sure you guys will love it and you have the best personality ever, so you will make friends way fast. We are living in Springville, soon to be moving to Spanish Fork. But we are doing good and just kicking along. So Maren is so cute! I can't believe that you have a baby! That is completely nuts! Good luck with everything and I love your guts!!

Mylissa 2 said...

I'm glad you made it safely. I just noticed in your picture that you cut your hair. It's cute!!!