Monday, November 3, 2008

YES ON PROP 8

So tomorrow is the big day. This is all over down here. Most people who have Yes on 8 signs out in their yards have replaced about 3 signs on average...(No on 8 people steal them). I am amazed at the devotion of the members here on this issue. They really see the impact this would have if Prop 8 didn't pass. This pict was of the ward on Saturday. We stood on street corners where people could see us, and for the most part, the response was positive! At first I did not realize the whole issue, but as I heard the Church speak out, our Prophet and Apostles, and read for myself, I understand a little bit more of why this is so important. If you still feel 'in the dark' about this issue, go read and find out for yourself.....it's crucial not to be passive about it.

5 comments:

Alec and Emily said...

I sure hope it passes today. We have been lucky and our sign has not gotten taken out of our yard, but I have heard that so many have!!

maria said...

I happened onto your blog through the Iverson's. I hope you don't mind if I leave a comment, but I wanted you to know how grateful we all are of the work you all did in California on Prop 8. Even through all the opposition. BIG THANKS!!

-Maria in Utah

Melissa said...

Hi, Andy! Cute blog! I think the name is very clever.

Things look a little ugly there in California now that Prop. 8 passed. I was reading in the paper that the anti-8 people were demonstrating around the LA Temple. Scary stuff. It's great that the proposition passed -- now I hope it stays on the books!

The 4 of Us said...

Hey girl! Go prop 8! i found your blog on your sister's blog which I found on Steve Palmer's blog.

Aren't you glad you got to be a part of the grass roots effort? What a neat experience!

love--Jan Mecham Southwick
djlsouthwick.blogspot.com

Erik said...

I was listening to Elder Hales' talk from this last general conference today and his topic was prophetic concerning the persecution after the proposition was passed. It is worth another look.