Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What is Up?

So we're back in the blogging world again, and not going private yet. We're going to wait. Right now it's raining here, and its just beautiful. I have loved the rain since I was a little girl, mainly b\c of our trips to the Oregon Coast.



Christmas is coming sooooooon. We're speaking in church on Sunday about the prophecies of Christ's birth as told in the Book of Mormon. How different it would be to believe in the future of the event like they did, rather than believed that He had BEEN born already like we do. Both take faith, and both unique. This year I've tried to learn more about the shepherds who saw and spoke with the angel in their fields. They were humble, trustful, and unsophisticated. And when they heard the glad tidings, they went quickly to go see the Babe. Being a shepherd is also much different than being a sheepherder. Sheepherders think of their flock in numbers and $ value. But a shepherd loves his sheep, would die for his sheep, and they know his voice.

I think it is an awesome comparison! Christ is the good shepherd, he knows us(his sheep) and we know His voice from all other 'Sheepherders'. This really is an incredible time of year, we love everything about it-from the lights, to the surprises to the songs, to the celebration of His birth. And there's nothing like singing "Silent Night" with a group of others. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the immortal son of God. 'His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life, and in the world to come. '

We love and cherish our friends and family!
Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

I am glad you guys had a good time and Happy Holidays.

Brett and Marianne said...

Thanks for the thought-I loved it!