Sunday, December 13, 2009

Miracles happen!!!

You may find this silly to write about, but oh boy, it's a wonderful day here at our home! Here's why... For the past few months, while I play the organ at church, and Andy on the stand, what would Maren be doing? A parent may respond by saying,"she's been sitting with another family while Nicole plays, and then Nicole returns to her seat and sits with Maren." Well, Maren would NOT have it. She was and has been apprehensive with most people other than mom and dad(and Grandparents) most of the past 9 months or so. She would SCREAM and cry until I'd come get her from the person who would take her into the foyer........then we gave in and had Andy hold her on the stand during songs(which was totally awkward:)

But today...

she switched! She sat with our friend Sherri while she watched us up on the stand, and didn't cry at all! WAHOO! Any parent who's had this issue knows what a cool feeling it is to see your child go to someone else in public. She was even heard laughing, and seen smiling around at people, as if to say,"I'm a new person now!" lol! It was just great!!

I guess I just love the feeling that I got when I saw other people enjoying her REAL personality like we know it, and not having her cry:) What a miracle!!

Now I won't say anything about nursury starting on January 27th, but hey, today we're feelin' good.

3 comments:

Jordan Frazier said...

hahah that is so awesome...funny that we were just talking about that the other day too!

Yay Maren!

Ndrhsrfamily said...

Yay for you!!! She will continue to get more adjusted to going to other people as she gets older. And it just gets nicer and nicer!

John and Sherri Rex Family said...

Yaaay! What can I say - She loves us! And we absolutely adore her. It's a win win! I get my baby fix and you get to relax! :)
Love ya guys!!!