Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sour Patch Kids

Whenever I get ready for my soccer game, Lauren comes by me to put my cletes on.  She loves any type of shoe in general right now, but maybe she's got a future...?? :)
 
 

Here's Maren waiting for Andy to get home again. This time it was on his b-day.  She made him this card.  We thought we wanted to do some extra special things for him since no one at work knew it was his b-day!  He specifically said he didn't want to bring a treat, or let anyone know at work:)  Now if it were my b-day, that'd be a different story.

He is really easy to shop for, if you know what store to start at:  HOME DEPOT.

3 Layered chocolate cake-2 icing tubs total.  This is a saying that we have with eachother.

Maren has a lot of fun with her friend playdates.  I don't know what it is, but these girls this age love love love swinging.  They know how to pump themselves, which is awesome:)

I took this picture the other day while they were watching a movie.  They looked like twins to me!

Other random news:
-Lately I've been working on sewing a layered skirt.  A friend in our church is helping me along the way, thank goodness.  It's going to be a lot of fun to see how it turns out.

-I'm eating sour patch kids right now. 

-I bought the girls ring-pops at the store(don't tell Andy) today.  Talk about survival techniques. lol

-The sour patch kids were my treat for being a good mama.  LOL

-We've been looking for homes since January, but nothing is currently on our burner.   It's going to work out somehow, sometime soon we hope.  There aren't a lot of home on the market.

-I used to buy sour patch kids when I went to the Kaysville theatre.  My dad would always buy their popcorn.

-Lauren loves to sock Maren in the tummy lately.  WHY?! She really loves Maren's reactions, and boy does she get them.  Any other of you 'younger sisters' remember doing similar things? (I do)

-Andy does a lot of housework.  Seriously, I do some throughout the day, but when all is said and done, he's got it spic-and-span by the time the lights are out.

-Police helicopters were circling overhead yesterday announcing there was a criminal on the loose.  I had to explain to Maren why we couldn't go outside, which, in the moment, was not fun to do.  But as I look back, it was an awesome teaching moment because we talked about fear, and peace and to what source they come from.  She realized that peace came from the Spirit.

-Maren gave her 1st talk in Primary on Sunday.  She was really excited to feel important.  She told Andy and I our roles earlier on in the week...Andy's was to stand by her, mine was to watch from the audience.

-Sour patch kids kind of make my mouth raw.

Happy Tuesday!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Barb said...

Nicole, I love, love, love the glimpses of your life that you portray in this blog. I know it takes precious time. It is thoroughly enjoyed!

Mary the Mommy said...

There are houses here in Tempe! :)