Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Restoration

Lately I've been keeping a lookout for cheap house decor to repair.  It's really fun for me to imagine something's potential.  Here's a mirror\table I found for 8$ total.

Before 

After

Final table

Here's Maren and Andy dressed up for the Stake Daddy-daughter date.  This is kind of a mother's dream come true to see her daughter excited and fancy for a date with dad:)

Ice Cream on the front steps.  Do any of your kids seem to get messier than others?  No matter what the food, Lauren seems to get some on her..notice the dish towel and bib:)

We're making plans to move into this cool place.  Hopefully by the end of June we'll get the keys.

On Saturday we said goodbye to a really great Elder from our ward, Elder Robison.  He served here for 6 months!  When I was recently returned from OK, I vowed my future family would feed the missionaries weekly.  Although we haven't done this weekly, whenever I see them I wonder, "are they hungry Elders?"  I think mainly they are hungry for people to teach! 

Andy got to help babtize a new humble member of our ward on Sunday named Raymond.  He rides around in a wheelchair, without the use of one leg temporarily.  While Raymond was in the water, 2 other missionaries dressed in white helped him to lay back to be completely submerged.  It created a really neat visual representation of something spiritual...someone trusting in the Lord's servants, etc. 

Hope you all are doing well!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, that was a very subtle announcement about your impending move! The photo is gorgeous! I haven't seen this view.
Love Love Love the mirror and table, Daddy Daughter Date, and those "twin" (and not so "twin") girls. Can't wait to see you all!

Liz said...

Does the house photo mean you actually heard some news?

And I think I'm officially old now because that Elder looks about 12 :)

Andrea said...

Love your redo! The mirror and table look great and I love that lamp!

Maren and Lauren look like twins- I didn't think so at first, but in that picture Lauren looks like a littiler Maren.

New place?? Fun! Looks awesome!

I also concur about the Elders- if only we had a few more around here...

Speaking of around here is there a place that all of us non-Facebookers could get info on the reunion? Also if you need help I'm more than happy to do whatever you need.

Auntie Em said...

Great photos. I didn't know Elder Robison was gone until Sunday. I'm so bummed that you are moving out of the ward! I don't even want to think about it! Loved the Daddy-Daughter photo.
-Marianne